by Shattered Heart Lynx | July 19, 2011 | 2202 characters
For those who like long and hard maps, Crood Coop it's for you people.
Crood Coop is one of my favorites maps in SC, it's huge, it has a nice action, the atmosphere is great, it has puzzles, and if that's not enough, it's very eyecandy and doesn't sacrifies FPS (at least for me).
When it's your first time playing Crood Coop, you will think it's another "Run N' Gun" map like many others in the database. But no, it requires cooperation (for the crate puzzle hurr), and survival insticts. It becomes a though map even for those who look some new challenges. In a part of the map, you need to run through a very long way underwater, along with Ickys chasing you around. You can't fight back, because you only have the Handgun (I mean, the only weapon that fires underwater) so your only way it's run away, fighting the lack of O2. It's a pain in the ass.
Anyway, it's a great map for those who look anything new, or for those Server admins who look some new map to entertain their players… Oh, did I told you this map use a lot of custom content? No? It does! Crood Coop use a lot of new textures and models, giving it a whole new atmosphere never felt in a SC map, some creepy Cyberpunk nightmare, it's great, but it can give you eyestrain if you play for long.
Well, this is my first review in a map, so it's not perfect. Anyway, I think I wrote all you need to know folks. That's it.
- It's a superb map for those who seek anything new.
- Well designed and creepy atmosphere.
- Challenging puzzles.
- Nice action.
- When you play the map, you start in some random room with Turrets, thats shitty, because they'll kill you if you and your friends aren't fast enough to fight back.
- It can give you eyestrain if you play for long.
- In some part you need to push many crates in a specific way in order to reach a duct, it's very hard to acomplish this puzzle on a public server.
- It doesn't has history, so don't be surprised by its randomness.
Review originally from *