|Date of release||Final - December 24, 2008 (SC 4.0B)
v1 - September 22, 2004
Beta 2 - August 12, 2004
Beta 1 - June 5, 2004
|.bsp filename||infested, infested2|
Long after the incident at Black Mesa, most of the alien species has been eradicated from the planet. However, there are still many moderately sized populations of aliens scattered across the globe. Thousands of military troops have been dispatched to meet the rapid reproduction of the aliens. You are part of an elite, highly trained team, specialized in killing aliens.
Your team has been assigned to eliminate a large population of aliens in a genetic research building. You will arrive on a truck near the building entrance. It is likely that there will also be some human resistance since many of the troops have been brainwashed by the aliens. The human opposition is the aliens' first line of defense.
- Eliminate human opposition, then deactivate the security system.
- Proceed up through the building, killing anything that gets in your way.
- Secure the helipad so some backup soldiers can be flown in. Next part of map will load.
- Continue your ascent of the building until reaching the CenCom Laboratories.
- Once in the CenCom Labs, you must rescue the valuable Gauss Gun so it is not lost in the explosion.
- Find the Control Center in the CenCom Labs. Activate the building's self-termination sequence to ensure that all aliens are killed. If you wish to save yourself, you will have to quickly get to the building's underground transit system where a train will be waiting for you.
- 4-16 players recommended. This is a challenging map meant for larger servers.
- Infested received BOMS status on the Sven Co-op forums for its 2nd beta release. Soon after, it was then included in the Sven Co-op 3.0 Content Pack. The final version is included in Sven Co-op, and was previously included in Sven Co-op 4.5 and Sven Co-op 4.8.
- There's a secret weapon in map 2.
Cafe of Rabid Snarks - (testing)
Dethtex - (textures)
Makaveli - (textures)
Mayang - (textures)
Royale Frazier - (textures)
Spooger - (textures)
Rate this map
4.1 / 5 (8 votes)
Comments & discussion