This wiki is set up to make adding and editing content very simple. Most pages are based on an existing template, so you can add to them right away. A few basic things are described below.
Press ctrl + e to edit a page, then ctrl + s to save it.
The editing toolbar probably has everything you need.
Links within the wiki
|You type||You get|
|[[[map:Aerial Contact]]]||Aerial Contact|
|[[[map:Aerial Contact | a map with helicopters]]]||a map with helicopters|
Links to other sites
|You type||You get|
|*http://www.example.com||http://www.example.com||Opens in a new window (recommended)|
|[*http://www.example.com Example]||Example||custom text|
|http://www.example.com||http://www.example.com||Opens in the same window (not recommended)|
To upload screenshots, simply click on the Upload Files button. You can upload an unlimited amount of screenshots all in one step! Once they finish upload and you refresh the page, all the screenshots will show up. (Please convert your .BMP files to .JPG first. You can use irfanview or any image editing program.)
For more professional looking screenshots, you may want to take a look at these optional tips:
- Use sv_cheats 1 in combination with cl_noclip 1 (to fly around), godmode 1 (invincibility), or cl_notarget 1 (enemies ignore you).
- Try to show off the map's architecture and interesting areas.
- A few screenshots with actual co-operative action are nice, but not required.
- Use r_drawviewmodel 0 and crosshair 0 to hide the crosshair.
- Add "nosuit" in the map's .cfg file to hide the HUD. For a guaranteed way of removing the HUD, install these blank HUD sprites. Backup your originals before installing.
- Command (impulse 50) removing the HUD. Thanks, Sniper.
If you need to insert in image within the actual text, follow the above steps then do this:
||To insert an image on a page, you can use the Insert Image Wizard.|
You can display an image attached to a page by typing [[[image image_name.jpg]]].
See the inserting videos tutorial.
For consistency, please stick to H2 for main headings and H3 for subheadings. You can go up to H6 for even more levels of organization.
++ This is a heading
+++ This is a subheading
This is a heading
This is a subheading
||This is the heading button.|